How to fix Mozilla Firefox Not Responding?
Mozilla Firefox Not Responding – If Firefox seems to hang randomly or not responding, and not after a specific action, and the hands are periodic, it may be due to a corrupted places database. Let’s go ahead and see how you can troubleshoot the issue.
- To fix this, you need to create a new places database. To do so, open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the menu button, and then click on the Help icon to open the Help menu.
- Select troubleshooting information to open it.
- Under the application basic section, click on show folder, next to the profile folder.
- A window with your profile files will open.
- Highlight Mozilla Firefox, click the menu button again and then click on exit Firefox button.
- Wait until Firefox has completely quit.
- Now in the Firefox profile folder. Find faces.sq light. And then right click on it, select Rename from the menu that appears rename the files, places.sq la two places.sq light dot old.
- Press the Enter key, and then click on Yes to confirm.
- If you find places that Sq light hyphen journal. Rename it to places.sq light hyphen journal dot old.
- When done, closed the Firefox profile folder.
- Finally, reopen Firefox.
When Firefox reopens, it will create a new places database, your browsing history will be lost, but Firefox will automatically import your bookmarks from the most recent backup file. Hope this was easy to follow.