What is ByteFence?
ByteFence is a legit anti-malware program which is designed and marketed by Byte Technologies. Few believe that it is a virus, but in reality, it is not.
But first do read this amazing guide on Is ByteFence Anti Malware Safe?
The next thing post installing this tool, themost critical executable file of this product is called bytefence.exe which securely keeps running in “C:\Program Files” subfolder upon program’s establishment.
Though, the way this application works, it claims to be safe, however few online groups have been making noise about its inconvenience – as indicated by them, Byte fence can introduce itself on your PC with no notice. This application comes as freeware with any other software you would have installed on your computer.
ByteFence is a legal anti malware tool but when downloading it from the web, it turns into a virus and rides along from various sources like media players, archivers, downloaders, fake flash player updates. As the Installation process repeatedly keeps running in the background, and users all of a sudden get ByteFence anti malware introduced on the PC.
Due to the latest strategy, some of the security merchants have included it in “potentially unwanted program (PUP)” class. The analysis was done of security programs that are as yet identifying this anti-malware as an infection.
Be extra watchful what you agree to installation. We advise you always to use custom installation as your preferred choice and deselect anything that isn’t familiar or trustable, a mainly optional software that you never download and introduce. It should be a thumb rule that you should not install software that you don’t trust. Keep your focus to avoid any virus entering your computer when introducing any new software because more often a software installer incorporates optional installers introduces, for example, ByteFence program.
Once on your PC, this undesirable program can change your web-browser’s settings which includes your start page, a new tab page, and default search engine.
Post infecting your system, the ByteFence will open launch itself whenever you open another tab in your web browser, or when you attempt to look for any data on any of the frequently used browser like -the Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge. Due to these changes, a lot of mess is created in the search results which includes a lot of advertisements, links to unwanted and ad web pages and only the latter part is search results for your query from popular search engines remain like Internet Explorer, Google or Bing.
How Byte Fence gets installed on your system?
- It gets inside your order along with the installation of any new software applications which the user does without entirely reading license agreements or reading without terms and condition. In most of these circumstances, it happens due to sharing files like music, photos and many more in a networking environment, visiting various adult websites are also liable behind the insertion of this threat inside your system.
- Messages send via emails or social networking media like Facebook, Skype messages. The most common example is an email sent from an associate which it will incorporate what seem, by all accounts, to be business related documents inside. Go through the attachment which you receive with the file attachment if it closes with .exe or it is .exe file then it’s most likely an infection!
- Bundling: It comes bundled with a free application hosted from an unreliable site that the user might have installed recently. The third party installers by concealing themselves in freeware installation.
- Visiting Illicit Site-It can also get attached on your PC, if you are a frequent visitor to unsafe sites like Porn sites or gaming or betting sites which contain illegal stuff. Furthermore, the infected user should make sure that they don’t click on misleading ads and random links which redirects the victim to the social media site.
- Spam emails: Major source of this browser hijacker gets into your computer through malicious email attachments in the spam emails tab malicious infected attachments and download links in unknown emails.
- Torrents & P2P File Sharing: This program also works as an Adware, the most significant source are the online ads are another common culprit. Torrent sites are known for their tricks which involves multiple fake download buttons. If you make a mistake to click the wrong button a file gets downloaded with the same name like the file you want. Unfortunately what’s inside is the virus.
- Fake download websites are another wellspring of Adware programs. When you download a file from such fake webpage with a similar name, but the data that you have downloaded is going to be loaded with infections, viruses, malware, and other threats. So it is advisable not to open documents which you might get from random sources without scanning them for infections first. Always keep an anti-virus program on your machine.
Purposes of Byte Fence virus:
- Modification and alteration: Although the creator of this program claim it is a free tool for the protection from malware and viruses, but this is not true at all as we all know nothing comes for free. This tool brings in a lot of changes and hampers the normal working of the computer.
- Merely spying: Bytefence is used as a tool for keeping an eye on you and your exercises while surfing the Internet. The hackers have designed Bytefence to control the PC’s accessories – like mics and cameras; keeping in mind the end goal to watch all your activities. They also can hack your accounts and keep a record of your keystrokes.
- Used for spreading Virus or infections: Despite its claim that ByteFence also features real-time protection mechanism and can detect incoming malware on the go. To allure the customer they offer two versions of the program – free and pro, which is paid. The free version of this anti-malware can only detect malware but cannot remove it. To get rid of the identified threats, you will be forced to purchase Pro version or use other anti-malware software.
So, after Understanding how and when the browser hijacker can attack your computer, so we are additionally recommending the best antivirus called ITL. Why should you invest in this tool?
- The moment this application suspects any attack, and it instantly scans your PC/Mac for potentially unwanted items and gets them fixed timely.
- User compatible and friendly tool to install and start using it with one click. The minute it is connected it will scan and clean any potentially unwanted items.
- Our customer gets right for 24*7 365 days support for all PC/Mac problems. Get instant technical support for all your professional issues from our executives.
- This tool is your go-to solution which will enhance maintenance and security; it safeguards the online activities also. The user gets access to all necessary information about the vulnerable sites and domains of all major browsers.
- The user biggest concern is the data and to keep the data they need space, ITL takes cares of this issue and gives its users a lot of free storage space by removing most of the unwanted items from your system. This tool helps you enjoy safe and secure system without the interruption from any unwanted items with PC Tonics.
- Another concern of the users is junk files, and invalid registries on the system .ITL is a complete web and windows upkeep & protection suite. It assists its users to clean all the unnecessary data, and the users get a cleaner and faster computer. It works like a protection shield from malware infections such as adware, spyware, etc. which affect your PC and slow it down. ITL helps take care of your online security by securing the browsing
How do I permanently delete ByteFence?
Is ByteFence legitimate?
How do I remove ByteFence anti malware from Windows 10?
Is ByteFence anti malware safe?