Are you getting errors such as negative 6123 when opening your QuickBooks company file. If so, QuickBooks file doctor can help fix that, along with these other 6000 errors, missing or blank lists network issues such as h2o two errors and several other types of damage, you can download and install the file doctor from the article linked in the description.
- Once the install is done, you can double click the file dr icon from your desktop to open it.
- Click the Browse button to select your company file and click Open.
- You’ll usually want to choose check file damage only, unless you’re getting a network error such as h2o to click diagnose file. Once you’re ready to begin.
- If your file is password protected, you’ll have to sign in with the admin password. If your file comes from an older version of QuickBooks in 2011 file doctor will offer to upgrade your file to a newer version of this step is optional.
- Depending on the size of your file this process might take a little bit of time. Just be patient and let the file doctor do its work.
- If you chose to upgrade your file and you have more than one version of QuickBooks on your machine file doctor will ask you which one you’d like to open the file with
- file doctor repaired your company file successfully, you should be able to open it without any problems. If not, we have more solutions for you to try and the file doctor article, which again is linked in the description of this video.
What causes data damage in QuickBooks?
What does QuickBooks rebuild do?
What is QuickBooks file Doctor?
How do I clean up my QuickBooks company file?