Today we are going to show you how to reset your Garmin GPS device. User just want to do a master reset on it basically take it back to the factory default. And there are two ways to do that with the Garmin GPS devices and we are going to show you both ways because the first way which is the default way did not work for me, but the second way did work for me and then after we did that master reset that, you know, both ways work for us. Okay, so as you saw there. The device is now just in standby mode, you need to shut the device off or get it out of standby, and we will show you how to do that first. So we’re going to hold the power button there, or hit the power button, and then we’ll hit agree, and that’s a standby mode you saw fast that turned on. Now, to turn it off completely you need to hold the power button down, and wait for this turn off device prompt and once you hit see that, and you hit off, you know the device is off now their device is completely powered off.
- Now the first way to resetting or doing a master reset as Gary Garmin calls it is to hold down the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
- And then hold the power button on and you hold these two things on.
- And you’ll see that system it prompt is happening there on our 2555 LMT it doesn’t do that. So just hold it down the guy on right now we are holding the power button down and be patient here because it does take a little bit.
- And eventually it’s going to come up with a prompt to do the reset so just going to wait.
- There we go. we want to do this real time Do you see how long it takes.
- At this point we just going to take finger off the power button. And there we go. Erase all user data, this point, you can let go and just go trial, click on the Yes.
- And that will reset your Garmin GPS unit, back to the factory default.
- Again this did not work for me the first time we did it with this device so after we do this reset we will show you the second way to do the same reset without actually having to hold the power button to do all that stuff with it so here we’re going to go over with the defaults, which worked for me, and then click on agree.
- Okay, second way to do the master reset is to go over here to the View Map, and then go to the speed or speedometer button just press that, then you see that the speed. It was parameter display is shown right here. And what you need to do here is just press down on the speedometer button with your finger and just hold it down.
- While you hold it down, then you get this actual menu which is cool. There’s all sorts of things in here but really all you need to do here to clear all the user data which is the same as the master reset is just click on that. You see, to get the same prompt again and the device will reboot.
- And you will go through the entire reboot here.
- Loading the maps.
- And you will put a link to the seller that sold me this on eBay, You can check it out yourself and see if you agree, hit OK. So saying you know set. Select the locale, and they’re just going to hit okay and my language is okay with me too so you can change it to watch what wish it okay again.
- There we go. And your back end, and every all your setups will be now changed. Basically all your configurations are back the factory defaults. So, you know your way points and you know just go through this and tell you how to use it so on and so forth. As you can see, you know, if I hit go home. There’s nothing there. So you need to actually enter a home address. That’s how you know that you’ve cleared all your data and basically that’s how you clear the user data or do a master reset on your Garmin GPS device.
How to download free maps for a Garmin GPS?
Where can I update my Garmin NUVI for free?
Which Garmin GPS is the best?
Can I use Garmin NUVI for geocaching?